Month: October 2013

Android and iOS Development using C# : Xamarin

Long back when Android was in its initial stages. Android 1.6 sdk was out there and Google trying hard to push developers to develop for it using various competitions I downloaded Donut SDK and IDE.

Those were initial days of my career and I had been using Visual Studio as IDE and Eclipse felt like a Haunted Village when compared to Visual Studio which was like a Metropolitan city.

After that experience Developing for Android went out of Window and I missed the train of New and Rising OS.

 

But it’s never too late to start developing and if you are like me and have phobia to develop in Eclipse and Java there is good news for you. Download Xamarin and start developing for Android and iOS.

You’ll definitely love the experience and the comfort of good ol C#.

http://xamarin.com/

Unable to install Silverlight: Windows 8/Windows 8.1

While trying to install Silverlight on Windows 8.1 I got installation error saying that “The same version of Silverlight is already installed”

Silverlight Error Message
Silverlight Error Message

To fix the issue I followed given steps.

This helped solving the issue and reinstalling Silverlight.

Windows Phone Emulator Error

While trying to run Windows Phone emulator I was facing given error.

The Windows Phone Emulator wasn’t able to create the virtual machine: Something happened while creating a switch: Xde couldn’t find an IPv4 address for the host machine.

 

Simple Resolution to this problem is:

  • Run Hyper-V Manager as Admin



     

  • Go to Action > Virtual Switch Manager.


 

  • Click on “New Network Switch’


     

  • Select Internal and Create Virtual Switch


     

  • Give Name of Virtual Switch as “Windows Phone Emulator Internal Switch”


     

  • Click “OK” and restart your machine.

     

     

    After following these steps you should be able to run Windows Phone 8 Emulator without any issue.

    In case it solves/ doesn’t solve your problem mention that in comments.

 


 

Import Solution Issue in UR 12

Recently we tried to import solution on CRM which was recently updated from UR 6 to UR 12.

Solution we had was taken from same server from a different org (after upgrade) and was getting stuck at the import step with no activity (at all) in progress bar.

Following Exception was there in CRM Trace log viewer

 

at CrmException..ctor(Int32 errorCode, Object[] arguments) ilOffset = 0x36

at SolutionImportProcessPage.ProcessRequestData() ilOffset = 0x4A

at SolutionImportProcessPage.ProcessAction(String action) ilOffset = 0x92

at AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) ilOffset = 0xD

at Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() ilOffset = 0x54

at Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) ilOffset = 0x6D3

at Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) ilOffset = 0x3C

at Page.ProcessRequest() ilOffset = 0x14

at Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) ilOffset = 0x31

at CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() ilOffset = 0x18D

at HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) ilOffset = 0x15

at ApplicationStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error) ilOffset = 0x10A

at HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) ilOffset = 0x5C

at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) ilOffset = 0x16A

at ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(IntPtr ecb, Int32 iWRType) ilOffset = 0x4B

>Crm Exception: Message: An error occurred while importing a Solution., ErrorCode: -2147188685

 

 

To resolve this following post from Microsoft discussion forum helped

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdeployment/thread/755b7161-4ec3-40d1-bc37-776460656d9e

  1. Stop Async Service in services.msc
  • Run “services.msc”
  • Stop Async Service

     

  1. Take Microsoft.crm.sdk.proxy.dll from latest sdk
  2. Open Visual studio command line tools (in administrator privileges)

Run

gacutil /i c:sdkbinMicrosoft.crm.sdk.proxy.dll

do

  1. IIS reset, restart CRM Async Service in services.msc

Try importing the solution

 

PS: If you are in a farm deployment then Install Microsoft,crm.sdk.proxy.dll in the server running CRM Async Service.

Before installing dll, stop the async service, install dll in gac and restart async service.