CRM Online 2015 Update 1 Official Pre-release
Tracking Email Activities in an Exchange Folder
What can be done?
· We can link up an Exchange folder to CRM Account, Opportunity etc records and any email dragged to that folder is auto tracked and linked in CRM
How to do it?
· Create a new exchange folder like you are used to off, to categorize mails. This time folder structure is more from Account/ Opportunity/ Contact perspective.
· Set it up to track a particular record in CRM (How? don’t know yet). Any mail dragged to that folder or routed to that folder through exchange rules will be auto linked to record which is linked to folder.
· This seems beneficial for Outlook power-users who are comfortable in Outlook premise and don’t have to move around to link the mails manually. It will save time and can be a selling point/ a good to have demo slide for this particular category of users.
· Right now it’s not an available feature but thinking about me makes me wonder what will happen if mail comes to 10 different users or a Delivery group and all setup similar rules? Will it create 10 copies of linked records?
Export CRM Online Data to Excel Online
They say that the export is smoother and seamless from CRM Online to Excel Online for better and quick analysis. I am waiting to see the changes.
Best part I can see is you can now export 100,000 records instead of 10,000. This is a welcome change. J
OneNote CRM Online Integrations
OneNote (my fav. Note taking tool which I haven’t seen being widely used outside a small Microsoft focused technical community) notes can now be linked to CRM records automatically (How? don’t know). Blog specifically mentions only Opportunity record. Need to see where else can we have that integration.
New CRM for Phone app which is closer to Tablet version.
Let’s face it, CRM for tablet itself is not there yet but it’s a fast changing world let’s see what Microsoft has in its bag for future release.
· Now you can pin the records you want and can see recently accessed records at one place. That’s something I see customer/ end users using very frequently.
· Assigning Default Entitlement to the case.
· Auto record creation moves beyond Services Module (i.e. case entities).
· Dynamics CRM Integration with InsideView.