After taking over ADX Portal Microsoft stopped selling it for on-premise version of Dynamics CRM and only licensed Online version of Microsoft Portals. With this move many of the new Dynamics 365/CRM projects which required a portal on top of Dynamics 365/CRM backend had no possible alternative available in market.
Few months back Microsoft announced that there will be a one time drop of source code for Microsoft Portals which would be available for clients/SI looking for a on premise version to use in their projects.
After a long wait yesterday Microsoft released opensource version of Dynamics 365 Portal.
What is provided in the download:
- Source code
- Source code for ADX Studio Framework
- Source code for Microsoft Portal Framework
- Source Code for sample portal
- Dynamics 365 Solutions and Deployer Packages for
- Community Portal
- Customer Portal
- ESS Portal
- Partner Portal
- Partner Project Service
- Partner Field Service
- Starter Portal
- Installation Guide
Key points to note are:
- This is one time source code drop and there won’t be any future releases.
- There is no support provided by Microsoft for this.
- If you choose to use this in a project, with any future changes in Dynamics CRM API calls you will have to upgrade it yourself.